Monday, March 2, 2009

My Primary Desktop

This blog is dedicated to my primary desktop for the last 3 years, Ubuntu. I have checked several Linux desktop distributions and Ubuntu has been the best fit for me. Of course, you may have a completely different opinion and I hope that some of the howtos in this blog can help you achieve your ideal desktop. In other words, I just want to let you know that I don't have anything against other distros. As a veteran Linux users since 1998, I have used several Linux distro during my time and I appreciate each creators work.

The Linux ecosystem is design for competition against each other. You have hundreds of Linux distros with their own special features. Each of these distros have their own followings and motivation. This is the Linux way of being. It is what makes Linux evolve and become better. I think that healthy discussions can influence others into making better distros and capturing more windows users over to Linux. As a community we must respect each other. This means that opinions are opinions and not fact. So, let me welcome you to my blog and to the Linux community as a whole.

Welcome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment